Extra details that may or may not be related: most of our graphs are asset graphs. Our camera BT has Dynamic nodes that test a state enum from the camera gameobject. If it’s one of the times when I get a flood of “could not be resolved” errors on opening the unity editor, and I run the game, the camera is completely broken. If I open the camera BT from the project window, all the dynamic state nodes show NULL. I have to close the editor, resync the camera BT asset from source control, re-open the editor (with this time no “could not be resolved” errors and the camera works again.
If it’s a regular run of the editor, and there’s no “could not be resolved errors”, and I open the camera BT from the project window, things look OK. However if I click on one of the dynamic nodes, it changes from “If $State == Foo” to “If $State == NULL”. The node window says there’s a missing variable of type Enum. There’s nothing in the graph console.
The “could not be resolved” errors reference types that are not used from within our camera BT, so I don’t think the problem is just within that BT.