StartDialogueTree IDialogueActor requirement

NodeCanvas Forums Support StartDialogueTree IDialogueActor requirement

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pltremblay
    Participant

I’m making a dialogue and want to branch to another, I’ve noticed that the ActionTask StartDialogueTree requires a IDialogueActor agent, but what if my current dialogue does not have any? Isn’t there a way to just use the instigator of the current discussion?

pltremblay
    Participant

Also, when the dialogue I just started is completed, does the original dialogue is suppose to resume where it was?

Gavalakis
    Keymaster

Hey,

The ‘Start Dialogue Tree’ action is not really meant to be used within another Dialogue Tree for running a nested Dialogue Tree, because there can only be one Dialogue Tree playing at one time. Once a new Dialogue Tree is started, if any other is already playing, that other one is first stopped before the new one starts. That’s how the system currently works.

With that said, I was already working on a “Nested Dialogue Tree” node for Dialogue Tree, able to run dialogue tree assets within other dialogue trees. It needs a bit more work before it’s finished, but I can hurry that up to include it in the next version. Would such a “Nested Dialogue Tree” node work for you?

Let me know.
    Thanks.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/97q2Rjh

pltremblay
    Participant

Hey,
    sorry for the late reply, for some reason I didn’t get a message telling me you answered on the post, though I know the feature worked in the past. Anyway…

Yes, Nested DT would be nice. I also noticed that it seems to be included in 2.6.2. I’m gonna have a look into it.

Thank you very much.

Gavalakis
    Keymaster

Hey,

No worries.
    The Nested Dialogue Tree feature is indeed included in version 2.6.2 now 🙂
    Cheers!

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/97q2Rjh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.